My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

As usual.....unusual

I have a great fascination for the advertisement hoardings. Thats one of the reasons y I like metro cities or for that reason big cities. One or two yrs ago in Coimbatore, all the banners and ad hoardings were removed from all over the city. The whole city looked to me like a bride without ornaments or a world devoid of colors or whatever. There was something missing in the city.
Coming to Chennai was in itself a gud feeling - I will b cing all these ads.I don't know what pulls me towards them. Each ad has its own speciality -some r gud in the well thought words, some in the beauty of the picture, some in the beauty of the person in ads, some in the puzzling feeling it gives, some in the thousand words a single expression in the picture conveys.....
Few of my favourites are:
1. The words "As usual.....Unusual" of "Man Mandir" shop
2. Colorful "POTHYS" ads, with the saree color blending with the background, esp. the green and white ones.
3. "Don't drink & drive" ad featuring SRK.
This list is also endless.... Will keep updating.
Hope u too have some fav. ads. Plz write them so that I will not fail to notice the nxt time.

5 Comments:

Blogger Parthiban said...

Ya, really ads are damn cool these days. Like the Levi's "Dangerously Low", or Esteem's 3D car with the live rear lights. As long as these bill boards obey the safety regulations, they enhance the beauty of the city and drive in the "India Is Shining" image.

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 9:24:00 pm  
Blogger Rams said...

Indeed, ads hav always been a fascination to me...conveying the required information with limited resources is in itself a great art. The airtel hoardings come immediately to my mind. There are numerous video ads I like-airtel, hutch, LIC, Master Card, pepsi, titan, an old huggies ad and the recent Tata Industries ad are a few...

Wednesday, December 29, 2004 11:52:00 pm  
Blogger Meera said...

Indeed Ads are wonderful,Conveying the message in a short time is a great task. Esp the ones featuring small kids, cos u cant make a child act, u need to capture it in a natural way and Johnsons ppl really know how to do it.( I still remember the "Enna Theriyum Appavu kku" Ad!!)

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 2:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, February 05, 2005 12:50:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

although there are many.. the first thing that comes to my mind are the fevicol ads... especially the one set in rural india.. with one small vehicle on which abt a hundred people are seated..and the vehicle and people remain "held together" thru the bad road.. very nice..
and the unbreakable egg in a hotel and the one where the hero does not fall from the suspended/hanging bridge..

Saturday, February 05, 2005 12:51:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home