My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Pal pal hai bhaari

The evenings of last week passed away reading Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code and Richard Bach's Illusions. Dan Brown made me look into Leonardo Da Vinci's paintings keenly. I dint know that paintings cud explain this much. He says whatever he has said in the book is a fact & not fiction. Even after all the proofs he gave, I was searching from wrapper to wrapper, so that I will find a page where he wud have written,"Whatever I have written in this book is fiction". But in vain.
And on Saturday, happened to see "Swades", the very next day of its release. Quite lucky that we got the tickets. Wonderful movie with fine nuances & subtle feelings, and without any villains, fights and forced duets. Not only that , I liked many things in the movie, esp. the caravan & SRK's style of driving it. "Yun Hi Chala Chal rahi..." & "Yeh tara Voh tara...." are being considered the hit songs of the movie. But after watching the movie, I don't know why I like the songs "Dekho Na, Zara dekho na ...." & "Pal pal hai bhaari..." songs very much compared to other songs. I was listening to these songs many times until Divya & Gayathri got really tired of it & even their like for those songs turned to dislike.Ok, let me continue my "The power of positive thinking".

4 Comments:

Blogger Arvind Sharma said...

I personally felt that the movie didnt match the effect the songs had managed to create...though some scenes were really poignant...like the one at the farmer's house and then the boy at the Railway Station. I am dying to get my hands on Da Vince Code after so many rave reviews from my friends.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 2:57:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

And few subtler moments like SRK switching on & off the headlights at Gayathri Joshi(Character Geeta in the movie), "Yeh Jo Desh Hai Tera" song, and the way the villager peeps into SRK's caravan.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 5:14:00 pm  
Blogger Prasanna SV said...

Happened to watch it day before yesterday. I personally felt that "pal pal hai bhari" was somehow "fitted" to the moview. Though the lyrics was in line with the theme, the positioning of this song seemed odd.
Overall, the subtle comedies, the caravan, BGMs (esp in NASA, 'dekho naa' and dhoti tying) made the film lively.

Saturday, December 25, 2004 7:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched the movie sometime back...wonderful piece...made most of us think for a longtime about many things....

What is the purpose of life?
What are we trying to do, achieve?
Are we really happy with what we were doing?
What have we done to our country?
Is life only earning money??!!

Good one indeed!!
Each one can help out others in their own way!!

Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home