My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Monday, November 29, 2004

The Alchemist

I have the habit of reading mostly ghost stories, vampire stories, stories of crime and detection, and by authors like Jeffrey Archer. One exception was the Harry Potter series - I was first very reluctant to read this thinking they would be very childish. But after reading a few pages of the first book, I became crazy of them , esp. of Hermione Granger(the character which I think acts like me in most of the cases :-))), that I finished all five books in four days.
One day during my final semester in college, Saranya showed me this book, "The Alchemist" by Paul Coelho. She told me that itz a bit philosophical - but I starred at her, why was she giving me this book though she knows that I don't read this kind. But nothing better to do that day, I started it. Well, I nearly travelled with Santiago(the main character, Coelho has used to convey his thoughts), and started to realize how many dreams that I have had before and how many I have discarded without giving a second thought about it. Lost are lost. Now I am seeing the inner meaning of each and every small thought and dream, and why it occurs to me at a particular point of time. I feel each about-to-happen incident is told to every human before it happens and itz only that he/she is not able to realize it.
Thanx to Saranya, or, else I wud have been very much ignorant of my dreams and thoughts yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Parthiban said...

When u speak about Saranya, I am reminded about Suhair, who introduced me to the Alchemist. It changed my way of looking at things. I see my Dad befitting Santiago's role. I wish I too run only after my dreams and not the every third chick!

Tuesday, November 30, 2004 9:26:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had so much to say.. i thought i would write a blog abt it.. please refer http://iamiris.blogspot.com/2005/02/my-universe.html

Saturday, February 05, 2005 1:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home