My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Ghul jaa Cheese

During my initial days in hostel, I was a goody-goody girl, who will get up at 5.30(irrespective of the time I sleep) in the morning and have a shower, get ready by 7.30 and go to office by 7.45(Enjoyed the morning walk). Everyone should have a look at Chennai city between 6.30 to 7.00. And unlike Coimbatore where most of the shops open as early as 5 or 6AM. Here, any shop opens only after some 8.30 AM. Lazy ppl:-(

Life has changed now. I get up at 7.30(Keeping on postponing the alarm for every 5 minutes right from 6.30). And will sleepily sit over there in bed until my roommate Swapna leaves at 8.15 for her work. Then slowly get ready, have breakfast, and start for work with Priya at some 10.15. By the time, we reach our office at 10.30 AM, Sun showers its full affection on us.

Again, after work, we reach hostel at some 8.30 PM, just to start a group discussion of everyone's day in office. Bhavani, Kalyani, Swapna, Ramya, Bhargavi and Priya torture me & Nirali by talking in Telugu.Now I have ended up learning a bit of Telugu. Only that I don't use appropriate forms of verbs and using "Agrinai" for persons and "Uyarthinai" for things. Naakku telugu baagu thelusu.

Me & my floormates(first floor) sit in the TV Room(TV room is present in the first floor) watching Hindi movies on Friday and Saturday nites - the funniest movie we watched was Hindi "Khushi"(after watching this, we felt Tamil "Khushi" was far more better), as only mega serials run in the TV, other days. 58, 36, 33 and 31 r the nos we remember even in sleep as they r the channel nos of Zoom, Zee Music, DD National and Sahara TV respectively. These 2 nites(Friday & Saturday) can b typically called the days of First floor ppl. The favourite food of ours is nothing other than the great "bread and jam"(from Nilgiris or Food World), whcih we will b eating at any hr of the nite. Everyday, somebody will come fwd & take up the task of spreading the jam(sometimes, we bring in Cheese or Butter too) on bread for others to eat.There will b an unanimous vote for Food World bread from our floor which is really soft.

Here, I shud mention abt my adventure:-(. I like butter & Jam with bread. One Saturday afternoon, I got the urge to try out cheese - nobody told me I shud get "Cheese Spread". I bought some brand's cheese(Milkman I think), which was actually mean to be cut into small slices and had to b sandwiched with bread. Instead, I thought it will melt like butter. So I applied on the bread & was sitting there(with my mouth watering) for the cheese to melt(Ghul ja my dear Cheese), in vain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Arvind Sharma said...

Hostel life is always amazing where you learn a bunch of things in a very short time...have fun and live it to the fullest:)

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my story...that Goody goody...

Started @ 6 a.m in early months of joining job., now getting up @ 7:30 around......
but in my case itz me who leaves early from my room ,,,doing works like getting breakfast and lunch for her...:-( :-)..inaddn to collectin my breakfast alone..

our morn and nights r diff..She says me goodmorn when i am leavin room and I say her goodnight @ midnight when shez enterin room..kool na..

me too a cheese paithiyam...
:-)..

----:-)

try amul or britannia Cheese slices.....

and get a shredder for cubes..

--suds

Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Telugu 'Khushi' (not Tamil or Hindi) starring Pawan Kalyan is the best.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:43:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ammini, hello from a fellow-coimbatorean :)

Friday, July 01, 2005 4:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home