My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Monday, August 08, 2005

Journey in Smoke vehicle(Pugai vandi).....

This post is actually a comment to the blog Flying without Wings

First, lemme say it, in most of the trains, the "coolers"(the open train doors) r occupied by guys. As they r "first come, first serve" basis, and as girls don't prefer to b there(as its not safer), we dunno how it feels like to b there. And moreover, its the place frequented by smokers too(despite the "No smoking" warnings), so that they can blow smoke, which can b inhaled by the ppl sitting near the window of the coach, depending upon which direction the train is moving. I sometimes, have an urge to push the smoking fellow off the train(Hey! I haven't done that so far!).

And travelling alone, I get a lot of enquiries from home, asking who is sitting nxt to me or who is in the cabin, I am."Family" is the only answer that can satisfy my parents. But unfortunately, thatz the situation I am not mostly in, and not mostly like to. Even these days, when they c a girl travelling alone, u shud c the look in most of their faces, as if I am a runaway or something.

Abt my journeys -I have come across a film troop (comprising of make-up men, side artists, light boys), a noisy family(the only thing that 7 yr old spoilt brat dint do was hanging upside down from the fan and his younger sister crying continuously as if not being able to stand her brother's pranks), a grp of North Indian ppl returning after a wedding(eating was their only pastime and primetime activity).

But most of the other times, it will b a bunch of college ppl returning/going to college after holidays or software engrs returning/going home. But these old people r really gud. They hardly mind, perhaps they know that its not uncommon for a girl to travel alone(as their children wud also have did), and they r the ones I wud very much like to have as my cabinmates, as far as they don't want to strike a conversation with me.

One more thing, I hate those ppl who think that they r the guards of ppl in train and keep watching every activity of the ppl in the cabin. These ppl also have a unique tendency of talking abt all the robberies that wud have/will happen in trains and laugh out aloud on them. Not only that, they keep anticipating it, and sometimes I feel their urge can only b satiated if something like that actually happens.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Parthiban said...

So this is the story behind your previous blog story, eh?

'Neway, smokers check the ReservationList not only for F[16-24], but also for F[athima], and better stay away from her.

Monday, August 08, 2005 2:20:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

My repugnance towards Smokers can b dated back to many years.
One more incident to add on:
When I used to carry a bucket of water to sprinkle it & sweep the front of my house(Vaasal theLLikarathu), and some smoker walks by, I feel like dumping the whole bucket of water & the bucket on his head.
But the truth is, nobody has suffered from a cracked skull so far, bcoz of that.

Monday, August 08, 2005 2:36:00 pm  
Blogger monu said...

hey fathi,
intersting write up!
unfortunately i never got to travel alone in train.....would have loved to have the adventures that you are having
:)

Monday, August 08, 2005 3:08:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

And Parthi, I now get what u r checking(F[16-24]) each time u board a train!
Thanx Monu and Viji. Happy friendhsip day.
Monu, u have to travel sometime alone. Wait for the chance.
Viji, thatz nice. I too had such an exp but not in train. As I dint show any face expression/reaction to the comments, once the guyz thought I dont understand Tamil.

Monday, August 08, 2005 3:54:00 pm  
Blogger Anand said...

Parthi... why do let our secrets out ;) Hey fathi, a nice write up.. but dont always feel that ALL guys look badly at girls.. Girls travelling alone is a good sign theses days... as I feel that this increases their confidence and the chance to make a lot of decisions by themself.

Also if you are in a long trip (I guess around 8 -9 hours for you) Its good to speak to others if they dont feel disturbed or u dont feel like being distrubed by them.. Sitting dumb, reading book and may be listening to music all can be done in any place.. but you could make new friends and know about some interesting things... itha thaan "Rayil Snegithamnu.." Solluvaanga... But all this if both the parties dont feel disturbed...

Monday, August 08, 2005 4:44:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

Thanx Anand Prabhu. I know all guyz rn't bad;-).
Rayil snehitham - There r certain cases when u will feel like u want to speak to the other person. Dint feel so, so far.

Monday, August 08, 2005 4:50:00 pm  
Blogger Jinguchakka said...

Agree with you, every inch, and more! Smoking guys, chomping NIs, chatterboxes all are true. I prefer the Upper Berth, since you can lie down even during day time, with no one disturbing you. Yeah, I too prefer being left alone during rail travel.

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:25:00 pm  
Blogger யாத்ரீகன் said...

:-) it was new to hear from a girl abt her views on her train trips (even though its very normal, just the curiosity)

hey... when u talk abt the train protectors..juzt got remembered of Anbae Sivam - Yuki Sedhu - Mr. Uthaman :-)))))

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 7:28:00 am  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

Thanx Jinguchakka and Senthil.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:04:00 pm  
Blogger janani said...

Nice writeup! :-) Nowadays my train journey = upper berth + India Today + sleeping/staring at the ceiling fan. :-)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:44:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

Thanx Janani. Yeah, I too prefer upper berth.
Thanx Ilaiy.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:46:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whenever I travel by train, I have a brahmin family in my coupe. This is an unwritten rule that has been successfully tested for the past 4 years :) I guess there are some gaurdian angels hovering around me.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:11:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

So what Jayan? Hope u had the opportunity to have aiyaraathu patchanams,at times during festive season.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 1:36:00 pm  
Blogger Priya said...

im nvr let to travel alone( on trains) :( .. and wenevr i do travel with my family.. im blessed to have a noisy brat screaming his lungs out in my cabin!!
..p..

Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:44:00 pm  
Blogger shub said...

u can eat the wheat flakes with some fruit...atleast one apple or smthng so that it masks the taste! :)chop it up nicely n enjoy!

Thursday, August 11, 2005 8:11:00 am  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

Priya, one day, u might get the chance. Keep waiting.
Shub, thanx for that.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 12:02:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home