My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I can swim now

Four years and two kids later, returning today. Learnt a life skill ....not cooking (I can already call myself a good one if not expert) but swimming, addicted to few facebook groups, crossed off couple of places from my travel list and book list, put on some weight (perspective matters, so let us consider it relative), added few years to my age,....

Let me start with swimming. First I started with "Aqua workout" before swimming. I was able to outperform three other members of my group..only to realise my mistake the next day, when I couldn't move my hand or feet. They were so modest only because of their experience. One cannot feel the intensity of the workout under water. Then it was running or cycling in water. When I whizzed past at 4 feet, I didn't move in any direction near 5 feet, how much ever I struggled. I think I would have looked like a clown. After few private lessons in swimming, my freestyle was still bad that my husband said that I look like a person gasping for breath and calling for help when I swim :-(. My breaststroke and backstroke are ok and butterfly - the initial part is good, until I have to use both my hands to balance myself...Swimmers know what I mean. I am really jealous to look at those swimmers in Olympics doing butterfly.Long time back, I had gone to swimming class in chennai for few days and attempted breast stroke and there the trainer once told me "Don't fight water, glide through it". I still don't get it but I can manage to swim in pools.

Kids...that is a different story altogether. I used to think all the facebook posts about life after kids are an exaggeration but believe me none of them are. You start appreciating life and parents more. But here is my amazement - Either Kids are Smart or APPLE is too smart. My 2 year old can minimize applications I am using, go to Youtube(he doesn't like Youtube Kids UI), put on his favorite rhymes, write comments which get auto-corrected as well (people out there screaming about screen time and supervision, it is a surprise how they can manage to do all that with minimal exposure). So if anybody got some weird comments from me - ITS NOT ME. May be I should teach him to code, and cook. They would learn these pretty fast if they "CHOSE" to do so. You cannot get any task they don't like "done", for example, brushing teeth, washing face, etc. On a distant note (because I know this doesn't look like a continuation of my previous sentence but I have this urge to shout this out) "My child won't eat" By Carlos Gonzalez is the best book a parent can have. This will save your and your children's' peace of mind. Highly recommended. Every hospital should hand a copy of this over to the parents after child birth to make the world a better place to live in.

Will catch up on more soon...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home