My Journey of Life

In the path of destiny, fulfilling heart's desires.

My Photo
Name:

I am a superstitious girl, walking in the path of destiny, fulfilling my heart's desires.

Google
 

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Twist in the neck

I had nearly made up my mind to find a burial ground and do last rites to my blog, but looks like it is not that easy. So here I start jotting down something which I have been thinking about for quite sometime to ask readers for a response.

Why do villains or heroes twist their necks, especially in Indian movies?

- Acceptable in movies where they were transformed from a non-human form(read as robots, game characters, werewolves, etc) where they have twist their necks to check their brain and spinal cord nerve connections are in place

- Director thinks it creates a "threatening effect"

- Heroes or villains have a real sprain in the neck and didn't notice the movie shot started. And Editor of the movie thought it looked cute?

- They live in houses with shorter roofs that their necks get cramped


Anyone has any plausible explanations? Or do you think one of the above is more logical?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Parthiban said...

or is that a way to check their surroundings without letting others think so? :)

Sunday, November 27, 2011 3:22:00 am  
Blogger monu said...

finally!! so how are you?

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:18:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Fathima,

I came across your blog and enjoyed reading some of your recent posts. I hope you don't stop blogging as you have a good flair for writing. I understand it's a challenge in the middle of life's demands and when you don't have the incentive of visibility and interaction. I want to invite you to join The South Reports (http://tsr.net.co), a blogging platform for, by and about south Indians, where your blog posts can have a larger audience and more interaction. You can post there and link back to your own blog so TSR readers can discover your blog too.

Hope you do not mind my intrusion. As experienced journalists and bloggers, we the founders of TSR are sad to see so many budding writers giving up writing simply because of lack of encouragement and interaction. TSR is our way of making people like you heard and read. Hope you will try and see if it works for you.

Thanks for your attention, and continue your journey of discovering life and sharing it with others.

Sincerely,

Kanti Kumar

Friday, December 30, 2011 6:18:00 pm  
Blogger Fathima Sagar said...

Parthiban - Wow amazing! the way they twist the neck, they are gonna see nothing unless they have owl's eyes!

Monu - Doing good. How abt u?

Kanti Kumar - Thanks for your words. Will check out the site

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 12:08:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home